There are 415,399 folks who live in Oakland, CA, and every day, around 85% of them get to the office each day by car. For this, you definitely have to have a car, and consequently an auto loan.
Needless to say, car loans are much harder to get in this financial crisis.
This is why we designed AME, our Approval Maximization Engine. As soon as you submit your application, our software program works to find you the local lender who most closely fits your needs.
No hassles. Zero costs. No commitments.
Just click here to Get Started.
Planning Your Investment
Lots of people want to know: how much can I afford to spend? Your best bet is to talk to a good financial planner. However, we can provide several guidelines catered to Oakland’s average income, debt, and insurance data. Remember, these are averages.
- Income: $20,383
- Monthly Debt Payments: $694
- Budget for Transportation: $170 (10% of Income)
The size of the Oakland, CA loan to which this equates depends upon several different factors, which include APR, number of installments, credit history, and more. With that being said, we can provide you with some approximations. These approximations are based on 60 month new car loans in Oakland, California. Most of the time, the loan rates for a pre-owned vehicle will be a bit more substantial. The higher-priced number refers to bad credit car loans, while the less costly figure is for excellent credit auto loans.
Amount Of The Loan
Such payments may look costly. But don’t forget that many of us choose a 72 or even 84 month loan to cut down these monthly installments.
At the same time, remember that putting money down should decrease the amount you borrow.
Financing a Car with A Bad Credit Score in Oakland, CA
Ever thought about how many people in Oakland have bad credit? We can offer several projections. Don’t forget, a credit rating of under 620 is categorized as poor credit.
- 33,232 People: 550 to 600 Credit Score
- 20,770 People: 500 to 550 Credit Score
- 8,308 People: 300 to 500 Credit Score
How come it’s so difficult to find a bad credit car loan? Loan providers review your credit score to determine risk. Granting you a car loan is an investment, and the less likelihood there is of you repaying the amount you borrow, the more likely they are to lose money on this particular deal.
Apply online for a bad credit car loan in Oakland, CA, and our Approval Maximization Engine goes to work matching your application form with a finance company who can finance bad credit.
Even if you don’t have bad credit, let’s consider a couple stategies to help you get a car loan that won’t break your budget.
- Opt for a Realistic Model: In 2008, gas was $2.91 per gallon in California. Now look how much it is. Nowadays, it’s more important than ever to finance a car or truck with healthy fuel economy and sound reliability.
- Offer up a Down Payment: Today we have to be smarter about issues such as upside down loans. Supplying at least $500 to $1000 upfront can reduce upside down equity and decrease the size of the loan.
- Find Someone to Cosign: Getting a friend or relative who has a good credit score to cosign your Oakland, CA auto financing package can cut your APR a lot. For people with poor credit or no credit, car loan cosigners are particularly important.
Click this link to apply online!
Down Payments: Required?
Yes and no. You can find car dealerships in Oakland, CA, offering 0 down cars. All too often, these end up being problematic.
Far too many American consumers are upside down on their car and truck loans. But when you have furnished 5-20% down, you will usually be able to, if you want to, sell your car or truck to pay off the loan amount.
If you’d like a car loan with bad credit in Oakland, CA, approval could be reliant on whether you can provide a predetermined down payment amount.
No Credit Check Dealerships in Oakland, CA: Steer Clear?
Buy here pay here car lots, which furnish car loans in house, are cropping up in Oakland, CA. In reality, it’s pretty logical. These types of car dealerships cater to men and women in Oakland, CA, who need:
- Car Loans after Bankruptcy
- Car Loans after Repossession
- Car Loans after Foreclosure
While a traditional bank would immediately reject these individuals, but a buy here pay here or tote the note car lot will typically get them in a used car…for a price. The interest levels tend to be inflated, and it is too easy to slip into negative equity on this type of loan. We have found that lots of individuals assume that their credit is worse than it is. You will most likely not have to have a car loan with no credit check.